Home Register Members FAQ

Billbaord Ranks 25 Best Rock Singers of All Time

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Billbaord Ranks 25 Best Rock Singers of All Time

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6721...-of-all-time/1

Jon Ranks as #25. At least he made the list; given how many there are to choose from, that's pretty impressive!

25. Jon Bon Jovi

Can anyone rock an arena like Bon Jovi? Jon’s blue collar New Jersey charm and massive charisma have made him a hard rock superhero since the mid-‘80s. Bangers like “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “It’s My Life” can only be harnessed by a larger-than-life force, and he still comes through every time

Old 12-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Born to be my Baby

This list should have been called Best Rock Stars, Rock Legends or something like that, since Bob Dylan and Mick Jagger are on the list.

Don't get me wrong, they are both legends and they're definitely 2 of the best song writers the world will ever see, but strictly singing wise there are alot of other rock stars who have better voices than the Dylan and McJagger and Jon was one of them. (I used was instead of is because nowadays the only songs he can sing are the ones in the style of Blind Love)

And btw, what's your opinion on who is the best vocalist from the list? IMO Steven Tyler should be no 1. ...I mean the guy is a freaking beast and he's almost 70. Just checkout how he can still belt out those notes from Kings and Queens.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Keep the Faith

There are a few good ones who might battle for the top positions. But to me the best singer and frontman in rock & roll history is Freddie Mercury. This guy was just amazing.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:12 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I'd put Jon much higher on the list, but #1 would be Elvis. To me, Bruce isn't a very good vocalist--songwriter, yes. Performer, I assume so. I've never had the chance to see him live. I can't see him being the "#1 Singer" though. As a vocalist though, Elvis can make me melt. Jon can too on certain songs.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Suddenly

Default Voice

Hi everyone, I am quite new round here, though I have been following you for a couple of years now.

I have not seen the list. But I'd put Jon much higher. With all due respect, Jagger ? That is supposed to be a voice ? It hurts me hear him sing (just like today it hurts listening to Jon, sometimes). I think noone, except Mercury and Tyler, can beat Jon's singing in the These days era...
Old 12-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
This list should have been called Best Rock Stars, Rock Legends or something like that...(S)trictly singingwise, there are a lot of other rock stars who have better voices than Dylan and Jagger...
And it looks like Billboard got called on it, LOL! The title of the article is now Best Rock Frontmen (and Women) -- but that doesn't quite work, either.

With all due respect to Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan, they're folk-based singers, not rock. Paul McCartney's slot had enough room to include John Lennon. And if Debbie Harry and Riot Grrl deserved slots, Grace Slick and Pat Benatar deserved them even more.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-24-2020 at 02:13 AM..