View Single Post

Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 PM
The Distance

This is a tough question to answer b/ there are so many different variables which makes selecting a level of popularity very difficult to quantify

The real way to figure out how big they are is to come up with 10 different categories and have people choose 1-10

But again, it comes down to similar discussions/arguments that I've had in other threads. How popular is Paul McCartney? It's un-measurable.

As an aged based band, they definitely crossed over into the Iconic category. I know we all have mixed feeling on the integrity of the R&R Hall Of Fame but that would be the final step for them. After that, they have truly done it all and that would solidify them into that Legendary Status.

What most people fail to do is look at the big picture. Bon Jovi has been around for almost 30 years. If The Circle & GHs fail to produce a hit, it's just a fraction of their career. It doesn't mean anything. I'll rephrase…… It does mean something…. But it doesn't mean everything as most people of this board view it.

Elvis had a tone of failed attempts. He continued to reinvent hinself and he's the King Of Rock. Bon Jovi will reinvent themselves again and comeback with a monster hit. It's cyclical.