View Single Post

Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Posting Always

I can never accurately order the albums because theres always a time where one album feels right and another doesn't. Over the last decade of albums the one I generally back has been HAND. Yet sometimes I can here crush and think 'hey, this isn't bad at all' and feel the fresh enthusiasm that 2000 Jovi had after their 4 year break. Sometimes I might let itunes run through and when it gets to Bounce I can sit listening to it and then realise it has some decent songs on it.

The fact is these albums contain some songs that you might love but there might be some stinkers too. In a way it makes each album quite endearing and unique, the little quirks you notice don't always make it a shit album. Bearing this in mind, the Circle has its own triumphs and flaws and I accept it in equal company with the other albums. Lines like 'think about it, wouldn't that be cool?' are cringeworthy but provoke a smile. I don't expect a serious masterpiece, for me they've done that with TD.

I'm happy with what we got, a collection of varied songs to sing along to with the volume turned up. Some problems are evident but sometimes the experiences we have and the emotion we attach to the songs become more important than the songs themselves. I'm sure for years to come the Circle will remind me of a time when I was young, carefree and at uni, exploring the world, getting into stupid situations but having fun. The music ain't perfect but it fits beautifully with other albums and the memories and emotions I associate with each one.
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.