Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Hughies voice

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 436
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Crash View Post
Bon Jovi - Live in Fort Lauderdale 1998 - YouTube

Skip to the KTF part. Richie forgot to do his part in the chorus. You can clearly listen to Hughie's voice.
What are these this shows about? They weren't touring in 98 were they? Jon was still doing Destination Anywhere dates and Richie was touring Undiscovered Soul.

And that's Tommy Mandel on keyboards, who was Bryan Adams' keyboard player, and was touring with Richie at the time. Where was Dave!?
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:41 AM
DavetheGodofKeys DavetheGodofKeys is offline
Member
Breakout
 
Join Date: 28 Jun 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
What are these this shows about? They weren't touring in 98 were they? Jon was still doing Destination Anywhere dates and Richie was touring Undiscovered Soul.

And that's Tommy Mandel on keyboards, who was Bryan Adams' keyboard player, and was touring with Richie at the time. Where was Dave!?
Dave almost cut his fingers of in a saw accident. When he recovered he had to learn to play the keyboards all over again
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 436
Post

Oh, I have a vague memory of that...
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:56 AM
jazzsta jazzsta is offline
Senior Member
Next 100 Posts
 
Join Date: 01 Jun 2016
Gender: male
Posts: 140
Default

Wr re off subject herr but I wanna say that the fact that they'd already dropped all the these days content when playin fort lauderdale in '98 (and whilst These Days was the last band album at the time) already tells us something..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 436
Post

It's not surprising, as These Days was not a successful album in America...
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-15-2017, 02:21 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
Midnight on JoviTalk
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 32
Gender: male
Posts: 9,658
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Yeah even the TD tour once it hit America started dropping album songs as it went on.

Thinny, this was a fan club show.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-16-2017, 04:48 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 436
Thumbs up

Ahh ok, thanks Cap
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-16-2017, 06:00 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 3,570
Send a message via ICQ to bonjovi90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yeah even the TD tour once it hit America started dropping album songs as it went on.

Thinny, this was a fan club show.
That's actually not true. There weren't too much songs from These Days in the setlists when they toured Europe in 1995 (since the album was about to be released in June) and that setlist structure transplanted itself into the early US shows in the summer of 1995. However, as the tour went on the structure changed and songs like Hey God, These Days, Lie To Me, Something For The Pain and Damned were pretty much regulars on a nightly basis with This Ain't A Love Song making the encores on many occasions.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
Midnight on JoviTalk
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 32
Gender: male
Posts: 9,658
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's actually not true. There weren't too much songs from These Days in the setlists when they toured Europe in 1995 (since the album was about to be released in June) and that setlist structure transplanted itself into the early US shows in the summer of 1995. However, as the tour went on the structure changed and songs like Hey God, These Days, Lie To Me, Something For The Pain and Damned were pretty much regulars on a nightly basis with This Ain't A Love Song making the encores on many occasions.
I must have mixed up the timing of the tour. Good to know, thanks!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.