View Single Post

Old 11-07-2022, 12:56 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

As much as I think it’s kinda pointless to try and pinpoint an exact medical condition that might or might not be responsible for Jon’s voice issues because there are countless conditions with similar symptoms that may be impossible to tell apart just by looking at him from the outside and from afar, I do wanna put it out there that Jon has joint hypermobility and research has shown an association between hypermobility-related disorders (such as the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes or hypermobility spectrum disorder, which also used to be known as joint hypermobility syndrome) and the kind of voice issues he has (and overuse and age can exacerbate the symptoms of those disorders). Those disorders are caused by genetic mutations which essentially give people abnormal (weaker) connective tissue all over their bodies, including the vocal cords and other body parts that play a role in singing, and a lot of people don’t even know they’re affected or only receive their diagnosis much later in life.

I’m not saying that that’s really the cause of his issues because there could really be anything going on and we’d never be able to tell (and he might also just have asymptomatic hypermobility because that does exist as well), but it’s a potential explanation that can actually be observed and identified just by looking at him from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk