View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvistico View Post
1. Producer: either someone who comes from another genre. Look at how fresh the red hot chilli peppers sounded on their last album. After years of rick rubin (an A class producer) they switched to a new producer who really challenged them. An absolute winner. This might result in an album that will surprise. Probably critically acclaimed. Risk that some fans will not like it. Anyhow, the start of any album should b great songs. Without those not producere in the world can mask up the lack of quality .

Otherwise a producer who is really a rock dinosaur. One who ll say... drop the gimmicks, drop the samples, drop drumlines that are doubled over 80 times. In that case they will come out with long, organic songs that will sound warm, authentic.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A510F met Tapatalk
I would very much like the first option. Although I wasn't blown away by the new RHCP record, I get your point. And Danger Mouse is a total boss when it comes to production. Unfortunately "Jon" and "risk" don't really go in the same sentence these days. Which is especially ironic, since that would be Jon's only shot to make a record that would be... (drum roll please)...relevant.