View Single Post

Old 03-08-2018, 08:50 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

No, I would not read this board. I would, and I do believe there are those within the Bon Jovi camp that are tasked with, have someone read over both Backstage and Dry County to look for useful feedback.

Reading the complaints against my voice, or the assumptions made over my actions and business decisions would be demoralizing. It's like reading comments on FB, YouTube, news articles.. you know that 99% of the time it's not going to be pretty and may as well not subject yourself.

Even as a participant here, I have a love / hate relationship with it. I love when others inspire me to pay attention to details in songs I never noticed before, get me to change my mind about something in a positive sense, or just get me passionate about anything related to the band in general.

The negativity, on the other hand, shits on what should be fun. It rarely serves any purpose other than to let the complainer feel clever, even while not yet realizing they really should be channeling that energy into something positive. That's not to say criticism isn't warranted and shouldn't be shared, but making it a mission to get everyone else on board by hammering your position (regardless of what it is) when the end result is only negativity towards a song/album or the band is really quite juvenile. I may not be happy with Jon's voice, the existence of Bad Medicine, or I Love This Town, but I'm not going to spend my days creating post after post declaring I hate it and why you should, too.