View Single Post

Old 03-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Next 100 Posts

I know places like this board have been discussing Jon's voice endlessly for years now. However, this text from a friend of mine illustrates that people who have only a minimum to casual interest in the band are noticing, too.

My friend texted me on Tuesday morning:
Quote:
You are more up on Bon Jovi news than I am. I saw their performance on the iHeartRadio music awards. His vocals were pretty rough. He just looked like he was struggling. Is he having issues as of late?
IMO (and of course, it's only one guy's opinion) this will damage the reputation of the band longer-term (if there is a longer term) as people will only do a show or two more with obviously poor vocals from the frontman of the band (especially since he sticks to the microphone stand like glue for much of the show). I almost don't want them to perform at the RRHoF ceremony because then the whole world will know our "dirty little secret" about JBJ's voice.

Admittedly, I was a big Richie fan but moved on and accepted the new Bon Jovi once it was clear this is the new normal. I really enjoyed THINFS as an album (better than much of the last decade, IMO), but there's NO CHANCE I'm buying a ticket to any show, not because RS is absent, but because Jon can't sing and, if I'm spending that kind of cash, I want a lead singer who's able to carry the load.