Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Richie Sambora Strats

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Send a message via ICQ to bleeding guitar
Default Richie Sambora Strats

I'm wondering if anyone has a Fender Richie Sambora Strat, american or mexican. I'm thinking about buying one so could someone tell are they worth all the money?

Old 11-11-2002, 01:20 PM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...
I Don't Want To Post Forever

I want one

does that count?
Old 11-11-2002, 06:45 PM
It's my post

I haven't got either, but I have read lots of opinions on both. The general concensus seems to be that the Mex strat is just overpriced cos its a signature and not really worth the cash but the American version is supposed to be a dream to play. Take from this what you will cos I havent had the luxury of playing either of them and I'm sure lots of people, who do have one or the other, have different opinions.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to Sambora_Laura Send a message via Yahoo to Sambora_Laura

How much would either one set me back, because I've been looking at them for some time too.
________
Toyota Zr Engine Specifications

Last edited by Sambora_Laura; 02-27-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Old 11-12-2002, 01:24 AM
Runaway

Send a message via AIM to Deleveled

I have his Mexi-strat. It is a nice guitar, much better than my regulear Mexi-strat, but still, I would much rather have the US model. One day I will be able to afford it.
"Take all the images in my head and throw 'em all away...sooner or later in time it will be filled with pictures of you dancing all around with your long dress and your long brown hair, swaying back and forth through my mind. I'm going blind.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:36 AM
It's my post

For the Mex strat your looking at about $550 (£420-450) and the US model is about $1800 (about £1500) last time I looked. Check out some musical instrument websites like music123.com. They have both models and loads of others as well.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Send a message via ICQ to bleeding guitar

Thanks for your opinions! Deleveled, could you tell me does the floyd rose system work well? I've read some negative things about it...
Old 11-13-2002, 04:29 AM
Runaway

Send a message via AIM to Deleveled

Yeah...I personally like the Floyd Rose, but I will tell you all of the pluses and minuses.

Pluses - Looks cool, lol, having this big monstrous bridge on your strat, it gives it character. It stays in tune VERY well, and you get to play with the bar all you want, because, if you lock it properly, it will not come out of tune period. Just in case it comes slightly out of tune, you can use the fine tuners on the bridge to fix it. Trust me, I have played the hell out of mine live, I am in a band, and for a couple of our songs, we kill the bar, but I have never had a problem with tuning. That is THE plus for this.

Minuses - It is a pain in the ass to string a guitar with a Floyd Rose, it isn't unbearable, but if you are used to doing it with a regular guitar, this takes more time. Also, it is more difficult to change tuning, examples being Drop D, or half-step. You have to unlock it and do the whole tuing process, which with a Floyd Rose, is more difficult.

Well, those are the first things that come to my head. Give it a shot, overall, the Floyd Rose is cool, and does its job well. I have 3 guitars, so I always keep mine Sambora strat tuned Flat. Anyways, hope this helped. Bye bye!
-Jeff
"Take all the images in my head and throw 'em all away...sooner or later in time it will be filled with pictures of you dancing all around with your long dress and your long brown hair, swaying back and forth through my mind. I'm going blind.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to sstefazy

i have e new us sambora, and it rocks, stays in tune quite well! i just got an ibanez js1000 btb (joe satriani sig model) with floyd rose and prefer the sambora! it will cost u anywhere between £1200 - £1700, shop around and be quick, richie is moving to gibson!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:33 AM
Born to be my Baby

don't waste the money on the mexican. i have both and the american is way worth it. wait till x-mas to get more money and spend it on the real thing lol

jovi rocks \m/

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;