View Single Post

Old 12-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Price of posting

I'm a big fan of U2, and I must say that Bon Jovi should not have to follow that path.

Songs of Experience is a great album, but it is not a masterpiece or anything like that. I think it's slightly better than SOI in terms of production and lyrics, but basically the two albums complement each other well.

In my opinion I think this new album is missing a couple of rock songs or with some more movement. SOE is not innovative either, it just sounds very cool and has a lot of enjoyable songs but is ok.

To give you an idea, the album is produced by 9 different producers: Jacknife Lee, Ryan Tedder, Steve Lillywhite, Andy Barlow, Jolyon Thomas, Brent Kutzle, Paul Epworth, Danger Mouse and Declan Gaffney. And other non-accredited producers worked for a while on them as well.

This album corrects some problems that Songs of Innocence had, and I think that many media praise that with a nod to the title of the album.

The only thing I can say, is that U2 makes a bigger effort than Jon in the search for new sounds, styles and surpass himself.

Jon is too comfortable with his usual collaborators. Producers and external composers are not always good, and over time, things become more routine. Do not get me wrong, they do a good job but they have not impressed anyone for a long time.

That's why I do not like that John Shanks is still the producer, because we get similar results despite wanting to offer something fresher than in previous albums. Bon Jovi should not sound more pop, I would say that on the contrary, Jon has to go back to rock. You have Phil X, take advantage, it's a good time. One of the most important things that Bon Jovi's albums have lost is the energy that was in their albums. Everything feels a little mechanical and boring.

In my opinion they are still stuck in the same style of music that started with Crush but something more worn. It would be interesting that Jon found a new sound completely different from that obtained in recent years, and start a new way / shape.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 12-09-2017 at 02:46 PM..