View Single Post

Old 12-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
yeah right. What the heck gives you that idea? Just because rock that is written right now doesn't have mindless shredding up and down a guitar doesn't mean it's dead. Rock music as YOU know it is dead. Just like there was no 60s sounding new rock bands in the 80s, there are no 80s sounding rock bands in the 2010's.

X Ambassadors, Walk The Moon, July Talk, Nathaniel Ratecliff and the Night sweats, Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots are all new bands that rock hard, and everyone knows who they are.
Actually no, except for Imagine Dragons, from which I've heard. But then again I'm not your age or that of your friends, sincerely detest terms like "millenials", and so on

Fact is: starting with the mid-late 90s, it was never cool to be a BON JOVI fan. You were always laughed at, while everyone found it ok or even cool to be a fan of bands like U2, the Stones. BJ just isn't hip or critically acclaimed - rightful or not. Believe me, I've lived with that for 25 years now, so your story doesn't suprise me the least

Even in the TD era, at least as far as I recall it, they had some airplay for (that dreadful) TAALS, but after that, that was it. I got a fan with the KTF record, and they were huge on MTV, radio, etc. Then Always came out, and it got even bigger. And then came TD, which I do like, but wasn't as "cool"/rocky as the previous stuff they did. And after that, it was only IML that brought them back on the radar for a short period of time, and that's probably it. Sad, but true...