View Single Post

Old 11-22-2022, 09:41 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 View Post
To be fair to Jerry, his was probably the best question of the lot. Some notes I took:

There is lots in the works for the 40th Anniversary. They have 40-50 unreleased songs they have found in the archives that will form the boxset. There is also a documentary in the works.

Jon has found demos of songs that will also be shared, e.g. Wanted demo, I think he said Runaway demo too and something about Prayer. He mentioned songs recorded by his original band, i think this may have been the Runaway demo.

The vault will be opened and it will be a mix of digital and physical content. Said the physical will be something you can visit. Things included will be unheard recordings, song notes, lyric sheets, clothing, tour info, concert recordings etc.

The vaults will have hundreds of concert recordings available.

As Jerry said, Jon came across a song called ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE, and he thinks it would have been a big song for its era. Didn't elaborate further.

Jon has tracked down his first electric guitar and has written a song about/with it.

Jon has been writing lots, has 1/2 a dozen songs hes written that hes really happy with, 1/2 a dozen collaborations hes happy with and will be writing a lot more to fill an album.

Would love to do collaborations with Bruce, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan and Damien Rice, but said it is very intimidating.

I thought his sign off was interesting, he sounded genuine and said: Big Big things on the horizon, hes currently writing lots and is trying to get healthy. His heart is in it. I read the trying to get healthy as working on his voice, as he looks to be in great shape.

He was in a relaxed mood and generally seemed happy.

Someone towards the end asked if he had to make a setlist with one song from every album, what would it look like. He tried to answer, but couldn't remember the album order or songs on albums, but mentioned:
Let It Rain/American Reckoning
This House Is Not For Sale
Wanted and Bad Medicine
Thanks heaps for this summary ….. very excited about 40-50 songs found in the vault ! Glad they are not touring.