Thread: John Shanks
View Single Post

Old 09-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Listen guys, I've tried to track down that interview, where Jon said he was ready to give up but Shanks told him not to and was the one who persuaded him to keep going. I was doing some research last year while making a timeline for the band and watched/read heaps of vids and articles then. I think it was one of the early ones so that would be late 2016 or early 2017. Jon was talking about recording in the Avatar Studios, going back to the roots, etc. There's SO MUCH stuff to get through now that I just can't do this at the snap of a finger but promise if I come across this damn thing again, I'll share with you for sure. It's definitely NOT something I made up so if I have such a recollection, I must have read/watched it somewhere.

Dominik, loved your post! It sounds almost like a crime story with a twist

RDK, never said it was Jon who made him alcoholic. Richie has always drunk a lot, even before joining the band. Besides, if it's true that Jon drinks a bottle or two of wine every day or almost every day and mixes it with sleeping pills, it makes him as much a functioning alcoholic.

Jackie, thank you for clarification. Now it makes perfect sense