Thread: John Shanks
View Single Post

Old 02-16-2020, 02:57 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I thought that too, he kind of went on to say it was tweaked after with some lyrical changes but the track is from when they wrote it. But, I'd have to listen closer, I feel like the entire song was re-sung later.

Was the riff changed? I notice the first one strums it a bit different but for the most part it 's the same idea.

EDIT: I've heard/read Jon say the "Now you have my attention" line and it's absolutely a douche thing to say.
Yeah, I just meant the slight difference in the intro. But it's not just that and the lyrics - the whole breakdown and the solo are different, too. I really doubt that it's even close to being the same take.

And I heard that bit before. I have no doubt that JBJ is probably super "down to business" when it comes to song writing "behind the scenes". I don't imagine him being very childlike and full of wonder; if he's impressed it's gonna be a very CEO-type of "impressed response".

On a side note, that podcast/radio programme also has an episode on Desmond Child, and... I've heard him on a different podcast a couple of weeks back, and he just seems so super glitter and a tad fake and arrogant to be honest. I love the guy's songwriting, but Shanks seems like much more of a down to earth guy.