View Single Post

Old 08-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
Good grief man.
arrg fair enough. I got over it very quickly - just proves I don't really care. And come on - what is the famous quote from Jon: "When my peers waned to be on the cover of Circus or Kerrang! I wanted to be on the cover of TIME". One step closer. Again - kudos to him. He is so rich and famous and respected outside the music industry, why try harder to prove something musically. There's nothing to prove. He's done and dusted. He was the greatest frontman in the world for about 2 years at the end of the 80s and maybe for another year in the middle of the 90s. No one can ever touch that. He can't touch it himself. And I'd rather he stopped all together with the music than having to listen to his embarrassing little pub band gigs he does with the KOS. Music is not his priority any more and I totally respect it (and against what I said before, it does NOT make me sick). However, what does make me feel uneasy is the fact that we were sold an album and a tour as part of a creative and expressive artistic process - when it was just a big 'cash-in' exercise. Jon must think 'Look at those ****ers! They fell for it!'. Again, I say this with all sympathy.