View Single Post

Old 08-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
He's saying something to the extent of "I've got every intention to make the Buffalo's big in Buffalo."

...(H)e'd have squashed the rumours...(if)...he'd have said "I ain't moving this team..."
He's not even saying "I don't intend to move the team." But the very fact that he's hooked up with someone who already owns a team in Toronto makes his sincerity problematic.

What will most likely happen is that the team will politely sit out their lease (it ends in 2022) while refusing to invest in top talent, demand that the city give them unaffordable tax breaks (if not a new stadium), then cry all the way out of town.

Jon is "only" a multi-millionaire; a minnow in a shark tank full of old-money veteran multi-billionaires who are just using his fame and fortune to get what they want -- a one-way ticket to Toronto. He's playing way out of his league, if you'll pardon the expression.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-07-2023 at 10:37 PM..