View Single Post

Old 08-04-2014, 09:15 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Nah nah nah - you severely underestimate the Jon Bon Bon. First of all, Jon Bon's net worth is surely closer to 1Bn than to 100M. The tours alone grossed over 1 Bn in the last 10 years. Do you think Tico got all the money? Not to mention that in 1992 he was worth a reported $120M. Knowing what a stingy basterd he's been all his life, he should have easily passed the 500 M mark. I bet you, once this deal is through, he will make Forbes billionaires list. Up for it?

Also, the man is 52. He is not a kid by any means. People his age are Presidents - hardly the naive boy that is used by the evil bankers.

Another point - he hasn't JUST jumped into this. He has first bought an AFL team, learned it the hard way. Now, as JonGirl mentions, this is one if not the only opportunity he'll ever get to own an NFL team. Knowing his ego, I am not sure who is using who!
What the band makes and what they are worth are on two separate sides of the fence. It's only a fraction.

Jon was never worth 120M in 1992. If you are referring to the Howard Stern interview, watch it carefully. Howard twisted it. They said they made that much as a band and Howard twisted it by saying, how does it feel to have a 120M and Jon just nodded his head.

They pay Promotes, Agents, Staff, Band Members, Overhead, Taxes, etc. I say Jon takes about 15 to 20% of what the tour makes. If the tour makes 100M, Jon takes about 15 to 20M (I'm sure that number has increased throughout the years) and then he pays taxes on top of that.

I don't think they are as rich as you think they are. Esp Dave and Tico.