View Single Post

Old 06-21-2012, 03:19 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
This topic has come up a million times before and weather they are similarities, stolen, or whatever, I really don't care.

Bon Jovi has a long enough catalog of originality and enough credibility as a songwriter so for someone to make a mountain out of these handful of songs is ridicules.

Bon Jovi has influences like everyone else. In my opinion, they don't scream copyright. A riff here, a zap there, it's not enough for me. You can play this game with any artist.

To be honest, this topic has less originality than the Bon Jovi songs listed.

Sorry!

Hopefully your other topic is more interesting and original
I am well aware you can play this game with any artist, however, Jon is always the one going for being the real songwriter, the one who creates something original while there's close to 20 songs of his discography already that show that he stole more than just a riff here and there. I'm a big fan of Noel Gallagher's songwriting but he's the last one to claim that he didn't nick something from other artists. And there's no Oasis song that is a direct lift from any other songs. Some melody lines here and there, but that's about it. So as for other artists, I can't make a list of 20 songs of any other artist recorded that sound like other stuff. 2 or 3 maybe, yes, but not 20. If you can, feel free to create a topic about it in the Other Bands section because it's easy to say such a thing but you'll find it's a lot harder to actually do it.

Saying "Jon wrote plenty of songs so he can't possibly have stolen something else" is pretty much sticking your head in the sand refusing to believe the facts that are on the table. The question you should ask yourself instead is that if it's as obvious regarding these songs what goes on behind the scenes of what we're not aware of, hence me starting the other topic. If the songs listed here don't convince you that Jon stole from other artists then frankly I don't know what will. If a direct copy of a song doesn't scream copyright, then what does, according to you?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan