View Single Post

Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Again, parts and bits, but not complete songs. Considering the millions of possibilities out there with the few notes we have chances are slim you'd write the exact same melody another artist has written before. Obviously it's possible, and if it happened once or twice in their career that's fine, but not over a dozen times.

In the end it's the same as me painting 100 pictures of which you recognize 12 from other artists. You'd not be saying "ha, that's just a co-incidence" either.

But go ahead and try before making such a bold claim. Try to find 20 songs by other artists that were nicked from songs previously released.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
We may be talking about different things. I meant that every song (or at least 99% of songs) has influences from another song or artist. Whether it was intentional or not, it happens. Sure, there may be endless possibilities for melody, but there have also been lots of songs written and recorded.

But I see your point on how Bon Jovi may have more than a few similar songs. But to be honest, I don't care. If I like the song, I like the song, and don't care if it's similar to another. I get more bothered if they totally rip off themselves (IML and its clones) than if they take influences from another artist.