View Single Post

Old 12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Something for the Posts

Since Jon has been a leader for THIRTY of the past 40 years, you have almost TOO MUCH material to work with, LOL -- but maybe that's just the former music journalist in me speaking.

I know what I'd do -- an overview of the evolution that Jon's leadership has had to take throughout those years. Not just in terms of the band (up to and including the current situation with Richie) and the music industry surrounding it, but how Jon has wielded the power that fame and fortune thrust upon him. Mention the charity work, yes, but also things like the presidential candidates who sought his endorsement and the religious fundamentalist who protested one of his concerts.

Look at what Jon has said about other bands and music critics, and what they've said about him. Go to You Tube and look at all the biographical videos you can, with When We Were Beautiful being a must. Filter in your own feelings about Bon Jovi: are you approaching this project as a fan, fanatic, acquaintance, or objective researcher? And of course, you're already in the right place: plenty of reading about how Jon's FANS feel about his leadership -- after all, they ARE the bottom line!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-14-2013 at 06:33 PM..