View Single Post

Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Since Jon has been a leader for THIRTY of the past 40 years, you have almost TOO MUCH material to work with, LOL -- but maybe that's just the former music journalist in me speaking.

I know what I'd do -- an overview of the evolution that Jon's leadership has had to take throughout those years. Not just in terms of the band (up to and including the current situation with Richie) and the music industry surrounding it, but how Jon has wielded the power that fame and fortune thrust upon him. Mention the charity work, yes, but also things like the presidential candidates who sought his endorsement and the religious fundamentalist who protested one of his concerts.

Look at what Jon has said about other bands and music critics, and what they've said about him. Go to You Tube and look at all the biographical videos you can, with When We Were Beautiful being a must. Filter in your own feelings about Bon Jovi: are you approaching this project as a fan, fanatic, acquaintance, or objective researcher? And of course, you're already in the right place: plenty of reading about how Jon's FANS feel about his leadership -- after all, they ARE the bottom line!
Great advice! What is the part I put in bold about though? Haven't heard of this...

Going to be finishing this project up tomorrow. So I got Jon firing Doc and taking control of Bon Jovi, being the CEO of Bon Jovi for the last 23 years, he was able to keep Bon Jovi on top well after the 80s, still pack stadiums today, his ambition, his drive, his focus, the current predicament with Richie and Jon still leading his band through the rest of the tour, Soul Foundation, Soul Kitchen, Philadelphia Soul, Council for Community Solutions, his political activism...

That's just a general overview of everything I plan on touching on. But I'm very interested to hear more about this religious fundamentalist protesting a Bon Jovi show...