View Single Post

Old 03-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Breakout

Isn't it really tough to pick a show? Especially as there are so many discussions about Jon being patchy/struggling on and off, all the way back to 1987.

There could potentially be more agreement on a tour or even specific year? Then if there's consensus with that, narrowing it down to a specific show would be interesting. It would be good if a majority could agree on a two year period?

This might be over-simplifying but I think general age-ing/deterioration (as with a number of his contemporaries) kicked in mid to late noughties (around Lost Highway) but he carried that through (just!) to 2019. It was Rod Stewart/Elton John/Paul McCartney/Axl etc level of bad periods/he's old.

Obvs Covid removed a couple of years but I see 2022 as being totally unacceptable - alarming and heartbreaking. I don't want to use the word embarrassing. Whatever happens now - it needs to revert to a 2013 standard to be okay really, to erase what we've all seen and talked about in the last few years (and thankfully it looks like we're gonna see the acknowledgement of it in the doc).

Last edited by Logan72; 03-10-2024 at 10:22 PM..