View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Just curious to get peoples opinions on it.

It's definitely a high vocal but I think if there is one song that sounds like Jon the least, it's this one. Its most noticeable when he says the word TRAIN.

I forgot the producers name but I think he's the producer responsible for the Ozzy voice.

I think Jon sounds very youthful which is key to a good song. Im just not sure how I feel about the sound of it. Would a whole album work with that vocal?
It doesn't sound like Jon because he never recorded the vocal that way. It's remixed so it's as if it's recorded in standard tuning. I changed it in Adobe Audition and tuned it half a step down and Jon sounds very normal that way. I think they also sped it up a bit but I'm not sure.

Right now I don't have access to Audition but I've done the same process in SoundForge. Here's a small part to show what it's really supposed to sound like. The sound is a bit off but you'll get the idea.

Jon has recorded various vocal takes of the post 2000 albums this way, Have A Nice Day and I Am being perfect examples of this. Tune the songs half a step down and Jon sounds very close to what he sounded like during the Have A Nice Day Tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 01-05-2013 at 09:37 PM..