View Single Post

Old 02-06-2018, 02:29 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Jovi Moment: During the #MeToo Scandal?

Quote:
TMZ: Republic Records honcho and The Four judge Charlie Walk claims he was being extorted before an ex-employee accused him of sexual misconduct, and says he has a voicemail to prove it.

TMZ has obtained a voicemail from a source close to Charlie who claims it was left by radio exec Tom Gilligan. The caller, who sounds drunk, offers Charlie a "deal" -- resign from The Four and Republic and "nobody will ever say anything." He claimed Walk hired hookers, and (that three) women were ready to go public as part of the #MeToo movement.

Gilligan tells us he doesn't recall leaving a voicemail for Walk, but does acknowledge he was drunk and upset with him around the same time... He claims Charlie had ignored his request to set up a meet-and-greet with Jon Bon Jovi...

The message was left about a month before Tristan Coopersmith went public with allegations against Walk...Gilligan insists he has nothing to do with her or an extortion plot....Walk pulled out of The Four finale, airing this week...Walk's attorney...says they've filed a complaint about Gilligan with the district attorney and submitted the voicemail as evidence.
When I first heard that there was going to be a TV series starring Fergie, Puff Diddy, DJ Khaled, and Meghan Trainor, I thought it was going to be sitcom! But seriously, folks, though I never doubted that a member of Bon Jovi would get pulled into a #MeToo story, I was thinking more along the lines of aging groupies. Why did Gilligan need Walk to set him up with Jon if he knows Jon personally -- because he also works with Universal Records? And why did he get so upset when Walk didn't respond? Also, how did the voicemail get from a "source close to Charlie" to the media AND the legal authorities? Kind of narrows down the list of suspects as to who the source could be, doesn't it?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-11-2018 at 09:12 PM..