View Single Post

Old 07-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

In terms of actual sales and money generates I'm pretty sure U2 are the bigger band. As for who is better-well in my opinion it is unquestionably Jovi.

I think Bono has the best voice in rock but U2 are lacking any quality control whatsoever! They have some absolutely amazing songs (and albums even) but a lot of what they release is average at best. Jovi are consistently good, and usually great (blah blah blah post-2000 etc).

I heard a story about U2 from the All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions from the producer. Story goes that he spends 3 weeks in the recording studio with U2, 17 hours days with multi-track recording going on literally all the time. The studio is didivded into four sections and each band member has their own indiivdual section where they working on whatever they want, Edge is Edging, Bono is making up lyrics over yesterdays tapes etc.

This goes of for 3 weeks with no results whatsoever. Next day the producer walks in and the Edge has just stumbled upon a riff he likes and is playing it for the rest of the band. In the 10 minutes or so the producer has taken to get his coat off, made a cup of tea, settled into work etc U2 basically have a song written and ready to go.....

....that song was Beautiful Day. There is a point here-basically they technique is so hit and miss and I think they're albums reflect that.