View Single Post

Old 06-09-2022, 10:08 PM
Born to be my Baby

What song do you associate the most with Alec?

I recently got a whole new audio setup in my home office, including a record player. I have been playing the first four Bon Jovi records on a loop, mostly because I don't have too many other vinyl records in the US right now, they're all still in Europe, including the later Jovi records. I haven't listened to Jovi in a while and those first four records sound so youthful and energetic, it's as if I have rediscovered the band. I thought about Alec a few times over the past few weeks while listening to those records, and the news of his passing
was sad.

So, right now, it's not a single song but those entire first 4 records that come to mind when I think of Alec. The entire band gave it their all on those records.

What are your memories of him with the band or even personally?

I never saw him live unfortunately, but always struck me as a goofball in their backstage videos and interviews.

What did you like the most about him?

He had a great stage presence that made Bon Jovi shows what they were back in the day. Despite Hugh's talent, he is a complete dud at live shows. Bon Jovi lost a lot when they let Alec go.

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;