View Single Post

Old 05-12-2022, 06:11 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27 View Post
I just watched Jon’s HoF speech – it’s interesting watching it back and putting it against all that’s been said on here.

We had 3 number 1 records – Lost Highway, The Circle and What About Now – it’s all going incredibly well, so if this was one of those Behind The Music Episodes, this is where the shit hits the fan. So during the BWC Tour, Richie’s no longer standing by my side. Once again Phil X has to answer his phone and answer the call. Tico has not one but two emergency surgeries and we have to have a replacement drummer sit in for 11 stadium shows. One night I have to look out at 80,000 faces at Rock in Rio and I turn to David and think “holy shit I’m in a cover band again”. Hugh, now Phil, eventually Tico, David and I play another 105 shows and still manage to have the highest grossing tour. But 2014, 2015 I’m dealing with record company turmoil as well as the unexpected departure of my creative partner and guitar player. Then it’s Jerry Elstein – my rock, my lawyer, my Godfather. He gets sick and needs to retire. There was so much loss during this time my voice had no interest in working for me any longer, I swear even my guitar gave me the finger. My wife reminded me there is better lesson than adversity. I sought help in anywhere I could find it. Professional as well as spiritual in form of my angels, Katie Agrestor, Mary Jo DuPrey, John Shanks, Steve Baxton, Dee Grillo, Steve Cohen, Luke Cox – they all helped put me back together again.
Calling What About Now and The Circle Number 1 albums absolutely makes my skin crawl.