View Single Post

Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Default Letter To A Friend

Yeah, you can bet chor ass I'm making a song thread - I'm jumping on the bandwagon baby.

Letter To A Friend - what a brilliant boxset song. I remember I used to never listen to it because I judged it by it's title (what can I say? I was shallow back then).

But then a situation erected (hehehehehehe) where I became really close to this girl I once despised. I judged her too, I thought she was really bitchy because she was one of those drop dead gorgeous girls. Then I got to know her and well, she was bitchy but also very clever!

But she started dating a very good friend of mine. But I didn't care, she was just my friend and I knew my mate really liked her, I was happy for them - and as far as I was concered, I was still gonna marry Katie Melua one day anyway.

But me and this girl started getting closer. Always hugging, always working together when we had to work in pairs at college, always doing our little "booty shakes" togther, our handshakes, the way we'd be teasing each other and if it was a movie it'd be the part where we would lean in and kiss.

So yeah, I couldn't fall for this girl because she was with my mate. But I'm a sucker and I knew I would eventually fall for her.

One day I was on the bus, flicking through the songs on my iPod. I was looking through the boxset because I remember reading that Jon wrote some song about Kurt Cobain and I was interested in hearing it, I couldn't remember the name of it so I just assumed it was Letter To A Friend.

Well, that song definatly wasn't about Kurt Cobain. Oh whilst I'm here, let me tell you a little joke about Cobain.

Kurt Cobain had dandruff. How do I know? I found his head & shoulders behind the couch - BA DUM TSH!

Anyway. I realised that this Letter To A Friend song was brilliant and it spoke to me people, it spoke to me. The passion in Jon's vocals blew me away. I really liked it.

So I overdosed on it but the other night I rediscovered it.

Now my pretties, discuss this song, discuss it!