View Single Post

Old 03-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
I'm just wondering if that's the only part of the song(s) where he uses the backing track, or if any of those high notes before or in the chorus (in LOAP) are from that backing track, as well?

Could explain why he sounds so weird on the lower parts and then good on the higher parts. Maybe one could even trigger that based on the melody line, if the backing track is tempo-synched (or they're playing to a click track)? Like if the melody goes higher than X, then turn up the backing track, otherwise turn it down. Just a thought...
They got backing vocals for the chorus in Prayer since at least 2000, I guess even earlier than that. And the band sings on top of that.

Yes, they're playing Prayer to a click track (I think they've been doing it onthat song since the the SWW tour). And they got someone sitting backstage at some special rack who is just there for triggering the needed loops and backing tracks. Someone mentioned before that Jon must've looked down to someone backstage right before the much discussed line in LOAP, so they might actually rely on eye contact for certain critical parts.