View Single Post

Old 07-19-2017, 06:01 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas S View Post
Cool idea

This is an image that rokuli shared on the soundboard playlist thread. It covers some official releases from the first two albums.

Due to the no-stream rule are things like the Barrymore theater show from last year disqualified too?

What about DVDs that have been released in great quality, but aren't technically official: ie. the 2004 Borgata DVD which contains the only performances of some box-set tracks.
Here is my thought process going into this thread... Bon Jovi is one of the greatest live rocks bands in the history of music however we only got one shitty live album in 35 years (Inside Out is really just 14 songs from the 2010 NMS tour)...

If I combined OWN Live with all the other official releases we got from the band, what do I really have a mix of? That's why I want to keep all the one off shows separate and focus in on individual songs through bsides, special editions, etc...

I don't want to get into streams because that is a whole other animal in terms of quality and there is a somewhat recent thread on that one anyway...

So the 2004 Borgata DVD was not officially released as a DVD but officially streamed by the Bon Jovi camp. It was set-up and professionally filmed to be streamed so I'll accept that along with the NYC THINFS Show... but that will go in the lower section being that it's a one off show... However some of those songs were released as b-sides so they should be part of this main list...