View Single Post

Old 10-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Adam D

I have to ask myself what exactly that was I just listened to. I don't believe that I would have been able to tell it was Bon Jovi without Jon's voice and that thought really scares me.

First of all, there IS a Drumcomputer used through the first half of the song. No real Tico until right before the last chorus.

Second of all, there is no Richie Solo!!!!! I kept waiting and waiting and it never came.

I LOVE this band with everything I have but I must say that I really dislike the new Wanted. The music seems to just be on a constant loop and the actual acoustic guitars are sampled from the original. Also, why in the world is Jon's voice all distorted throughout the first half of the song? I realize what you all are saying, that I shouldn't compare the new versions with the old ones but I can't help it. The rest of the album at least doesn't seem to have such a computerized sound so I'll probably like the rest better. To me, it just doesn't sound like Bon Jovi. I was not one of the people that bashed Crush or Bounce so I'm not here just to say that they shouldn't have redone the songs. I loved Prayer 94 on Crossroad. There'sno suprise that this will be the single off the album as it probably has the most radio friendly sound, but thats probably why I don't like it. The original was new and brave for the time frame it came out in, it has an "epic" feel to it, the new one just sounds like they got some new rock band to do the music and just put Jon's vocals over it. It really hurts me to type this but I have listened to it about twenty times now and it just shocks me everytime. Also, the original was just over five minutes long, having to be edited FOR radio, thiis new one is 3:53 and edited TO radio. Once again, this is all just my feelings, I'm not bashing the band or anyone on this board. I'm just a little let down. As my sister says, any rock band of today could have done this version..thank god for Jon's vocals
Slippery When Wet
The Circle
Crush
Have A Nice Day
Lost Highway
What About Now
Bounce
7800 Fahrenheit
Bon Jovi

"Each song played was just another example of how ingenious these guys are at writing choruses that make you feel like there’s a big game tomorrow, that you’re the underdog, and that you’re going to win."