View Single Post

Old 06-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
4. Here is the shocker.. I thoroughly enjoyed What About Now... I think the album is underrated and people are way too hard on it... The production is great and song for song it's a really good album... There are a few I'd get rid of like Amen but I'm like that with every album... Ever since Jon did The Fighter live in Philly, it created an instant soft spot with me... I'm also a sucker for the fast paced pop songs... Because We Can sounded fresh... Beautiful World is Beautiful Day. Not just because of the title "Beautiful" either. They just sound a lot alike but Beautiful World is much better. I love the part "The Pretzel man's wearing Gucci glasses"... Army Of One would be a better bonus track however the remaining songs below are all really good...

I'm with You
Pictures Of You
That's What The Water Made Me
What's Left of Me
Thick As Thieves
Room At The End Of The World

The 2 bonus songs Into The Echo and With These Two Hands are decent. I'm not really crazy about and two Stand Up Guy songs but they are tolerable... Of that acoustic style, The Fighter is the winner and I'm glad it stayed in WAN as a album track and not he 3rd song on the Soundtrack... Another decision that was made correctly...
The songs you listed above I love. I also like Burn With Me that was never used and Into The Echo (German version)
The album gets a bit bogged down with shit like Amen, BWC (good versus awful chorus) Not Running Anymore, The Fighter and Army of one - I dont like the Richie song just thrown on at the end. But when good its really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
5. The Circle is fantastic. Jon's voice sounds different and I never even realized it until today... Working Man actually comes across decent because Jon is not screeching through it and the studio production works... I still wouldn't care if it fell off though... Born To Follow was a poor single but not a bad track... Love's The Only Rule is still my favorite post 2000 song... Awesome Song...
Funny cos this album just average to me. Few good songs like Thorn, Brokenpromisedland and Loves the Only Rule.

RE - THISNFS - The bonus tracks sound so different to the album tracks I created another folder on Ipod called THINFS - Bonus Tracks - Theres 7 songs in there so its like an EP
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo