View Single Post

Old 07-30-2017, 06:37 AM
The Distance

The Circle & GHs:

Although there were only 9 songs off the album that were performed live, I really enjoyed every one of them... TC tour was a good vocal period for Jon... Love's The Only Rule is beyond fantastic... Although my live collection has a Soundboard Version, Philly is probably my all time favorite performance of that song... TC is one of those albums that keeps creeping up on me and I continue to like it more and more with each listen, even 8 years later... These Days did the same thing for me and it was the live versions that made me really fall for that album years after its release.. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same...

The GH tracks are really just bonus Circle tracks.. I happen to have all 5 versions in some sort of live format which also come to life more live... The studio versions are so ampted up on Shanks Steroids, it's nice to get a more natural rock sound... I do think there are more playbacks included with the live versions and probably the reason for the short shelf life however overall, all 14 tracks are great live tracks... A great period for the band..

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk