View Single Post

Old 07-14-2017, 10:58 PM
The Distance

Default Listing To The Entire Catalog Live

So I put together my own collaboration of live albums. Basically including performances that have the perfect balance between audio quality and performance quality, as well as making sure they stay as close to the original time of release as possible... The hits and popular songs are a little easier but once you start looking for the rarities, that gets a little more challenging...

It's a constant work in progress but I actually prefer Soundboard over Bootleg unless Soundboard isn't available... Because this isn't my greatest live hits collection, I tend to go for easy listening...For the most part, it's cut and dry but you do run into those one off situations where it's tough to choose...

If there are acoustic versions, I'll usually include those at the end as bonus tracks... Example: There is nothing like an Acoustic rendition of Never Say Goodbye but you can't ignore the full band one either.

I don't really have these songs labeled once I add them and I do that on purpose so I can't judge them based on anything but the performance itself. Most are just soundboard performance that I really enjoy anywhere between TV Promo Appearances to Bsides.

The point of this thread is to just give little updates as I listen throughout... Not album by album or song by song, just general observations...

Last edited by Rdkopper; 07-14-2017 at 11:26 PM..