View Single Post

Old 07-14-2017, 11:24 PM
The Distance

With around 220 songs making up this collection, it's going to be a quick listen. In one day, I already finished up to New Jersey...

Bon Jovi were / are the perfect live band... Even dating back to the first two albums, Jon was such a great live singer... I could understand if someone's not a fan of those albums but you shouldn't ignore the talent Jon had back then as a singer. He could really deliver a song like no one else. The passion he poured into each song takes so much discipline. He really went from a singer to a vocalist in the 80's and the kid was built to be a front-man... The first full album exists however only 5 soundboard and 2 decent bootlegs exist from the second album.

Slippery is almost complete in SBD. I'm just missing one, Without Love...

Another point I'd like to make is, I don't mind the playback chorus they did during Prayer and wouldn't even mind if they still used it today... With today's internet and social media, Jon would get destroyed if he did but I don't mind blending some studio tracks with live ones as long as the balances is 85% live & 15% studio... Some people think Live should be Live, no excuses... I just want it to sound great and hearing Jon strain doesn't sound great... The Beatles ignored a lot of their later catalog live because they couldn't perform it but if they just used a playback, we'd have some great live stuff to listen to this day. We all know they could sing so why not!!!!

I actually have a completed New Jersey with a mix of Soundboards and some great Audience Bootlegs, including The Boys Are Back In Town... This is one of the best listens ever. During this tour, Living In Sin and I'll Be There For You could go down as some of the best live music ever sung in history. Jon is a ****ing Powerhouse!!!

In summary, even if you're not a fan of certain albums, they take on a whole different life when they are performed live and I even grew to love songs that I wasn't crazy about at first after Jon killed them live... More to follow on that with some of the later albums/songs...

Last edited by Rdkopper; 07-14-2017 at 11:28 PM..