View Single Post

Old 07-30-2017, 07:08 PM
The Distance

Done!!!

WAN, Burning Bridges, & THINFS...

WAN: This is one of those albums that I enjoyed in the beginning because it was new and then the opposite happened due to the negative energy surrounding it and now that 4 years have passed, I really like it a lot. There is not one live song performed from this album that I dislike, including Amen and Army Of One....Although a handful weren't performed, the ones that were are excellent... Jon still sounds great during the London and German promo shows which is where most of the content stems from... Richie harmonizes with Jon so much, I think this is really the missing link to the live music now (or at least everything performed prior to BB)... Anyway for those not crazy about the album, pick your best live performances and give that a shot... I think you'd be somewhat satisfied...

BB:

Not too much content was performed... 2 acoustic boots, Real Love and Fingerprints, and then a SBD of We Don't Run... I really don't have an opinion... a stripped down acoustic version of any song Jon does now doesn't compare to the studio tracks but I'm happy to have something at least...

THINFS:
I took the lazy approach with this one too and used London... I want to revise it with other Soundboards from the tour... This is a great album and I think Jon shocked everyone by performing every song from the new album as well as he did..

A little off topic but I'm looking forward to this next leg... Instead to Jon rushing through 70 plus shows in a year, he's going to break it up between two... A couple of months at a time... When I was listening to The Fighter from Philly, you can really hear how raw his vocals were which lead to a cancellation so this is the smart way of doing it...

In summary, great live band... Even to this very day... Jon's always strongest with his first time performances of songs... I recommend others to put together their own... it's a constant work in progress revising the best performances and best qualities but it's an enjoyable hobby...

The End

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 07-30-2017 at 07:12 PM..