Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Richie Sambora Single

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Breakout

Default Richie Sambora Single

I was at a record fair in Edinburgh earlier and came across some gr8 CD's.

I found the Richie single for Hard Times Come Easy and the B-sides are absolutley superb!!!

I actually prefer his vocals on Wanted to Jons!

We All Sleep alone is gr8 to, but i was wondering, he said it went to no.11 and its credited to JBJ/RS, so is it Jovi? if so anyone know what from? or was it a b-side before?

He is gr8 on Bad Medicine 2!

By bro also bought "Bon Jovi Rare Trakcs Vol.3&4, I'm not sure if it was a bootleg, or just a foreign release, as it was in a gd quality collectors-looking box any one know anything about these box sets? the sound quality was also superb, thats y i don't think they were bootlegged?

Old 02-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Breakout

they wrote it for Cher some time ago probably when Richie was seeing her on the Jersey tour. she obviously had a hit with it but i don't recall. its on her greatest hits... your right about the single its cool. disc 2 has with little help from my friends and i'll be there 4 u....actually gonna wack them on right now ...laters mate,

you cant win

until your not afraid to lose...
Old 02-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

No, they did not write We All Sleep Alone while Richie was seeing Cher. That's just misinformation that keeps getting posted. It was written and recorded during the SWW era long before Richie and Cher hooked up. Cher was working with professional songwriters on one of her bazillion come-back CDs and Desmond Child was brought in, bringing in Jon and Richie. Jon had known Cher since his days at the Power Station and she was willing to work with him. Jon has said that he sang every word of the song with her from the producers booth and it's as much the way he would have sang the song as it could have been without his voice. In addition to writing that song, they produced it, and the band played on it, Bang Bang (a cover of the Sonny & Cher classic), and I think they also played on "I Found Someone" which was another big hit for her from that record.

Becky
Old 02-09-2004, 02:06 AM
Breakout

sorry Becky, i wasn't sure but it made sense that it was then. i didn't realise this misinformation had been posted before. i was just tryin to tell the guy they wrote it for Cher...
Old 02-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby the hero
sorry Becky, i wasn't sure but it made sense that it was then. i didn't realise this misinformation had been posted before. i was just tryin to tell the guy they wrote it for Cher...
they didn't, they wrote it for themselves and recorded it for themselves. as with 'does anybody really fall in love anymore'.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Breakout

thanks, guys, thats been a big help. I think the double disk with I'll be there for u was the single for In It For Love, not Hard Times Come Easy though. I'm gonna start looking for that double disk single too though.

Thanks again.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:18 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBEAM
thanks, guys, thats been a big help. I think the double disk with I'll be there for u was the single for In It For Love, not Hard Times Come Easy though. I'm gonna start looking for that double disk single too though.

Thanks again.
You misunderstood, there isn't a double disc like you're saying. There are two versions of the Hard Times Come Easy CD Single :

1.568 697-2 Richie Sambora - Hard Times Come Easy CD Maxi part 1
1 Hard Times Come Easy
2 With A Little Help From My Friends (Live)
3 Stranger In This Town (Live)
4 I'll Be There For You (Live)

2.568 699-2 Richie Sambora - Hard Times Come Easy CD Maxi part 2
1 Hard Times Come Easy
2 Midnight Rider~Wanted Dead Or Alive (Live)
3 We All Sleep Alone (Live)
4 Bad Medicine (Live)

Later on they released in Japan there was a 2CD limited edition tour edition released of Undiscovered Soul. CD2 contained the 6 bonus tracks mentioned above.

The In It For Love think you mentioned was probably this one :

AU 568 857-2 Richie Sambora - In It For Love CD Maxi
1 In It For Love (Japan Edit)
2 Made In America (German Acoustic)
3 In It For Love (German Acoustic)
4 I'll Be There For You (Live'91)

The rare tracks thing is a bootleg and not officially released. There are 6 parts of it and all of them contain the officially released b-sides. Part 3 and 4 contain the b-sides of KTF and Cross Road. That's the reason why all the live performances sound so well mixed.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan