Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Backing Vocalists?

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Default Backing Vocalists?

i was watching the meat loaf gig with the melbourne symphony orchestra last night and had a thought during 'out of the frying pan (and into the fire)'. the big man's voice has certainly deteriorated (at the top end anyway) but the songs still sound powerful because of big backing vox from patti, c.c., kasim etc. i'm 100% sure that this would improve bon jovi's live sound and i wouldn't be too dissapointed if they enlisted the help of a couple of backing singers. i know that there are a million miles between the 'solo artist' meat loaf and the band but if it could add some power back to certain songs, why not?

any thoughts?

Old 05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Just posting

if BON JOVI was just a guy (meaning doing solo work ) why not but as a band I don't see this happening .. I agree that back vocals are often good for live perfomances I have just seen a french singer 3 weeks back and for the first time he was performing with 2 back vocalist and the show was excellent (the vocalists didn't steal the show it was just back vocals but it was great ...)
Old 05-11-2005, 02:16 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovimimi
if BON JOVI was just a guy (meaning doing solo work ) why not but as a band I don't see this happening .. I agree that back vocals are often good for live perfomances I have just seen a french singer 3 weeks back and for the first time he was performing with 2 back vocalist and the show was excellent (the vocalists didn't steal the show it was just back vocals but it was great ...)
Shut up, your stupid posts annoy the shit out of me and out of a lot of more persons. Be gone, evil backstager.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Just posting

you can dream :P
Old 05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

It's a bit cabaret isn;t it?

I mean rod stewart had backing vocalists the other week but I think half of his show is actually him taking the piss out of himself I mean surely he'd have clued up that leopard skin tracksuits weren't even cool in the 80s never mind now unless he was just having a laugh at himself?

I don;t think there's anything greatly wrong with bon jovi live. are they the best live act you'll see? no but they weren;t ever, as soon as they start fannying about with backing singers and extra guitarists or whatnot then it gets embarassing.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to davefan Send a message via AIM to davefan Send a message via MSN to davefan Send a message via Yahoo to davefan

5 guys with good voices have no need for backing singers
http://www.beepworld.de/members57/moonjunction/
Old 05-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via MSN to glaubersambora

whaty?!?!?! I can't believe in what I just read.... We have probably the best backing vocals on the hard rock(Richie Sambora) and people want more?
________
buy easy vape

Last edited by glaubersambora; 01-19-2011 at 08:07 AM..
Old 05-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Jovi Addict

Hey!
Yes that's true. Richie's backing vocals aren't replaceable. He coined the typical Bon jovi sound with his voice, too. David and Hugh do a very good job either, though I miss Alecs voice
I don't know many bands that have such amazing background vocals as bon jovi have
Old 05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

the point i was making is that the live sound is weak, not that the the voices the band has already are poor. read the post before you reply. i'm not stating that it will ever be a real possibility as bon jovi are a band but i certainly feel that it would improve their live sound greatly and add a bit of depth back to the performances.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaubersambora
We have probably the best backing vocals on the hard rock(Richie Sambora) and people want more?
Nothing more to say! I have a question: I noticed that in the lives, in the performance of Blaze of GLory, Richie has never done the backin vocal, but David. Do you know why??