Thread: Love Hurts
View Single Post

Old 03-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Songs4U View Post
I was listening to this song today and checked on my files, it seems to be recorded 2 times for the New Jersey, one with perfect quality and the other one it is really hard to hear the voice, also, I was reading on the internet and it is an article where Jon said that he tried to use the song for the Keep the Faith record but it doesn't says more. Any idea?? anyone has it?
Most songs were recorded at least 3 or 4 times during various demo and pre-production processes at that time. There are two versions of Love Hurts around - one from the Pre-Production demos where Jon's vocals are barely audible and one that was released on the New Jersey Deluxe edition (and I think it was identical to the demo that had been around before that).

Are you sure you're not mixing it up with Let's Make It Baby? I never read about Love Hurts, but I wouldn't put it past Jon to have digged it back up for Keep The Faith. The theme somehow fits the mood he was in during the grey summer period in 1991 and they had centered the songs on Keep The Faith around Diamond Ring which didn't make the album in the end either.