Thread: Love Hurts
View Single Post

Old 03-23-2019, 01:39 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
No problem and thanks for clearing it up. At least it spawned some interesting discussion.

Yeah, I think at some point they wanted to take it further than what the song was. We do have the (slightly heavier on instruments and darker) 1988 demo and we have live performances from 1988, 1991 and 1994. All not too different from each other. The only thing that was added at some later point was the bridge "you know you know I bleed every night you sleep 'cause I don't know if I'm in your dreams". That could first be heard in the 1994 radio performance so we'd have to wild-guess if it was added during the KTF or TD era. Maybe Yovana can confirm that if it's on the demo tapes from 1992?

I remember Jon saying about the song in 1995 that they tried so much on it and then went back to the stripped-down version with just a live vocal and no overdubs and it worked.
As far as I could get from my tranlator, they did tried to record some "un-used" From the New Jersey/Young Guns II records they mention Love Hurts but as one of those songs that he loved but didn't make the record