Thread: Love Hurts
View Single Post

Old 03-24-2019, 05:47 PM
These Days

Lord have mercy! I check out for a couple of days and come back to 8 more pages of this? Sheesh!

(But just to make semigoodlooking's roster complete, I'll throw in my 2 cents, too. Then he can add "Jackie posting novels" to his otherwise fairly accurate list.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Songs4U View Post
... I am not a professional bon jovi fan as you are...
Trust me, 9Songs4U, NOBODY is a professional (OR world’s most knowledgeable) Bon Jovi fan like RDK is; and if they were, they wouldn’t admit it. He posts as many incorrect “facts” as anyone here. The only difference is that he seems to be genetically incapable of acknowledging it when he makes an error in facts or judgment.

Since you are playing catch-up, here's a little background. You see, it seems that Yovana and RDK sometimes delude themselves into thinking that everyone here lives with them on Planet YORD (where, apparently, he is the king and she is his queen). As you can see, it seems to disturb them when anyone questions that existence, and they get a little defensive; which leads to a low tolerance for mistakes or criticism from any of us commoners (not to mention numerous public one-line PMs to keep the delusion alive). Keep in mind, however, that this is their delusion – not reality. Otherwise, both probably would have been able to accept your apology, for posting information based on a bad translation, and move on. But alas, sometimes the simplest concepts never touch down on Planet YORD.

For example, King RDK apparently thought you were asking for information about Richie’s departure when you asked if he knew what Richie said in the letter he wrote for the Japanese edition of AOTL. I may be wrong, but it looked to me like you were gently suggesting that that there may be some things that others know about Bon Jovi that RDK may not even be aware of. But since the world’s most knowledgeable Bon Jovi fan could hardly admit that he had no clue what you were talking about, he deflected the question by referring you to another thread for an answer he didn’t have.

HRH also seems to be struggling with the simple question of whether he’s banned or not:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm sorry, I can't hear you because I'm banned...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm not banned yet... duh - I didn't say 'I quit'

However I do want a lengthy banning...
His last statement there presents yet another example of the inability to grasp simple ideas. I may not be the most professional OR most knowledgeable Bon Jovi fan, but even I know how to take a break from a message board when I need to. I don’t have to get myself banned to do that. Destination Jovi seems to understand that concept as well.

His queen (who, iirc, started this latest derailment, with her snippy response to your self-correction and apology - perhaps because she thought you were insulting her king?) apparently thinks the best way to avoid drama is by dragging it from one thread to another so we can have the same BS going on TWO threads…

Case in point (from the 2019 Unnamed Album thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
…. it's so simple to just post the link to avoid all the drama of the Love Hurts thread, Miss Bombay... -_-

I don’t make a habit of apologizing for people, because I usually think it’s up to them to do so; but on Planet YORD, Their Royal Highnesses aren’t being rude. They’re merely delivering royal imperatives. (And based on her latest post, there might be a royal dispute brewing about those proclamations.) So maybe you can find it in your heart to give the king and his queen a break.

They don’t know any better, bless their hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
… because god forbid, the importance of a Yank and a Cholo is lost among us…
And another country heard from…

While I don’t disagree with most of what you said, I think the tone of your post could use some work. Besides feeding the fire, comments like this kinda throw you right down there in the mud with them. Just sayin'...

C’mon you guys! All kidding aside, is it really THAT hard to be civil with one another?

Rudeness is rudeness; no matter which side of the Atlantic (or the Equator) you’re on.