Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

So, what's the typical BJ song?

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Question So, what's the typical BJ song?

In one of those recent interviews w/ Jon the reporter asks about "Story of my life", claiming it's not a typical BJ song... so which one is?

I think BJ are masters of writing songs from so many genres that's very difficult to say what's really typical for them... I have no doubts when it comes to bands like U2, Aerosmith or Metallica, their albums always sound the same, so you always know what to expect when new albums are coming out... BJ on the other hand are always experimenting (which I appreciate) an no-one can foretell how they will sound in the future...

they promised us rock'n'roll album, and "Story..." is one of the typical r'n'r songs, so I cannot agree w/the reporter! it is typical Bj song!
what do you think?

Ivy

Old 10-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Ivy
In one of those recent interviews w/ Jon the reporter asks about "Story of my life", claiming it's not a typical BJ song... so which one is?

I think BJ are masters of writing songs from so many genres that's very difficult to say what's really typical for them... I have no doubts when it comes to bands like U2, Aerosmith or Metallica, their albums always sound the same, so you always know what to expect when new albums are coming out... BJ on the other hand are always experimenting (which I appreciate) an no-one can foretell how they will sound in the future...

they promised us rock'n'roll album, and "Story..." is one of the typical r'n'r songs, so I cannot agree w/the reporter! it is typical Bj song!
what do you think?

Ivy

That reporter is so wrong!Ex.the bounce album is a mix with ballads and hard rock songs.HAND is different...Every BJ song is unique.The point is-Bon jovi have the power to change the beat on every album.And It shows that works.Because, it`s not a joke to sell over a 100 million copies worldwide.

Last edited by bonjovi girl; 10-28-2005 at 02:09 PM..
Old 10-28-2005, 06:10 PM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to ponrauil

I think U2 have had more diversity from one album to another than BJ ever had.

What is a typical U2 song? Where the Streets Have No Name? One? Lemon? Vertigo? All I want is you? October? I will follow?
None of these sound the same.

A typical BJ song these days is HAND, Everyday, IML, Complicated, etc...

Ponrauil
Old 10-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponrauil

What is a typical U2 song? Where the Streets Have No Name? One? Lemon? Vertigo? All I want is you? October? I will follow?

Ponrauil
And a typical jovi song from the 80's was BTMB, Bad named, With out love etc.

Old 10-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponrauil

Ponrauil
Don't manipulate what the OP was trying to say. Oh yeah, and we all know the jump from new jersey to keep the faith to these days to crush had NO diversity </sarcasm>. Each BJ album is quite different, and the sound is updated each time. Even the first two albums sound different, and IMO that was their least creative time for writing.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:25 PM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to ponrauil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnedshot117
Don't manipulate what the OP was trying to say.
Then don't manipulate what I said either.

And where did I manipulate what she said in the first place?

I said U2 had more diversity than BJ from one album to another. I never said BJ had no diversity at all.

So much for your great sarcasm.

Ponrauil
Old 10-28-2005, 08:29 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Don't manipulate what the OP was trying to say. Oh yeah, and we all know the jump from new jersey to keep the faith to these days to crush had NO diversity </sarcasm>. Each BJ album is quite different, and the sound is updated each time. Even the first two albums sound different, and IMO that was their least creative time for writing.
Another newbie who doesn't understand written English. Yawn.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Another newbie who doesn't understand written English. Yawn.

Ice
1. Did you get that email yet?

2. Oh wow that was low, you called me a "newbie." Would you like to copy and paste your rant on entering a thread and "insulting" someone?? Hypocrite, not that I really care anyway. Yes I have like 30 posts or something, once again, who cares? You people think that having 5000 post on a message board makes you special. Fine, think what you want. But when you walk outside you'll still find that nobody cares. But you all already knew that didn't you??
Old 10-29-2005, 10:36 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
1. Did you get that email yet?
Yeah, haven't listened yet.

Quote:
2. Oh wow that was low, you called me a "newbie." Would you like to copy and paste your rant on entering a thread and "insulting" someone?? Hypocrite, not that I really care anyway. Yes I have like 30 posts or something, once again, who cares?
Calling you a newbie isn't an insult, it's a fact. Calling a blind man blind isn't an insult.

Quote:
You people think that having 5000 post on a message board makes you special. Fine, think what you want. But when you walk outside you'll still find that nobody cares. But you all already knew that didn't you??
No, but I guess it helps me to understand what I read. You seem to have work on that area. And yeah, this is a messageboard. Not life. In life you'd be badly hurt already with that attitude.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.