View Single Post

Old 08-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default MSG Show 2008 Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Very well written!

But, if I remember correctly, DVD Audio Extractor lets you choose conversion to mp3 directly, so you can skip that wav conversion step.

Thank you very much.

I know it does, but I seem to remember about 12 years ago when I first started doing this that converting straight from DVD to MP3 didn’t give very good results. Sounding rather watery and compressed from what I remember. It’s probably not an issue now with later versions but I seem to remember reading online at the time about converting to WAV first to preserve the quality before re-encoding. In fact, I seem to remember people suggesting to burn to Audio CD first the re-rip to MP3. I know it’s a bit more hassle doing this but it guarantees quality results. But once you’ve converted to MP3, you can do away with the WAVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
The only problem with MP3 gain is, if there is something driving the audio level high such as a clap, it will use that as the highest indicator... When you do it manually, you can work around that.
Thats a good point but if you really want to, you can turn the “no clipping” option off but then you risk compressing the dynamics and ruining the listening experience.

Like you say, if you use a program like Audacity, you can work around it.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 08-12-2018 at 04:16 PM..