View Single Post

Old 09-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Nashville 2 articles and video

http://www.wkrn.com/node/48021#top

Select "play video" under the picture of KU.

Bon Jovi played Prayer, Who Says, and Wanted.

From The Tennesseean:

Stars align for Second Harvest

Hit songwriter Craig Wiseman has a generous heart, and he's not afraid to call on some high-powered pals when he wants to support a great cause like Second Harvest Food Bank. Last night at the Ryman Auditorium he pulled together acoustical performances from a roster that included LeAnn Rimes, Randy Owen of Ala bama, Jeffrey Steele, Dann Huff, Tony Mullins, Joyful Noise and two surprise superstars, Keith Urban and Jon Bon Jovi,for his annual concert, Stars For Second Harvest.

The crowd went wild when Urban (sans Nicole) took the stage, announcing, "I wanna thank Craig for calling me up today and asking me if I was doing anything tonight. As fate would have it, we just finished the new album today after six months holed up in the studio." The Aussie then launched into "Making Memories of Us."

And even stranger than fate was the fact that none other than Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora nonchalantly slid into the pew right behind me to catch the show. Seems that they are also big fans of Urban and what better spot to wait for their turn to take the stage than out in the audience with the rest of the fans.

When the two were announced, they were greeted with a standing ovation. "We are just trying to follow in the steps of some great songwriters," said Jon. And with that they played an old favorite, "Living on a Prayer" before finishing with "Wanted Dead or Alive."

Last edited by Becky; 09-20-2006 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: update