View Single Post

Old 09-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

www.bradon2.com

I think there's a different video clip on the site. I can't play videos on my work computer, so I'm not sure.

Bon Jovi strips down at the Ryman!
OK, what are you sickos thinking? I'm talking about his MUSIC, people!

Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora indeed were the "surprise" guests last night at the Ryman at a songwriters' show for the Second Harvest Food Bank.

And since it was a songwriters' show, Jon and Richie followed the others by bringing along acoustic guitars, sitting on stools and playing "unplugged" -- though of course, technically, they did plug into amps. I digress.

It was really interested to hear hard-rockin' Living on Prayer when it's slowed down and stripped of screaming electric guitars.

Of course, the ladies in the crowd provided plenty of screaming and I'm sure they wouldn't have minded if Jon and Richie really stripped down.

The screams were equally loud for Keith Urban, who played two songs, including Making Memories of Us, the song he sang to Nicole Kidman at their wedding reception earlier this year.

And a big shout-out to LeAnn Rimes, who hit the crowd with a new ballad she co-wrote called What I Cannot Change, which'll be on her upcoming album. It'll make ya cry.

What made me laugh: Alabama lead singer/great songwriter Randy Owen got a little lost when he started to sing the classic Lady Down on Love.

Randy sheepishly turned to the crowd and mentioned the red wine was flowing freely backstage. Then Randy sort of drifted off again.

Show host/organizer Craig Wiseman got laughs when he snapped Randy out of it: "Everybody's still here Randy. Go ahead."