Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

NEC Birmingham, December 27th 1989

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Captain Walrus's Avatar
Captain Walrus Captain Walrus is offline
Moderator
Tokyo Road
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: West Sussex, UK
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 11,394
Default NEC Birmingham, December 27th 1989

Does anyone know the setlist for this show? It's at number 81 in Kerrang!magazines 100 Greatest Gigs Of All Time (in the UK)
__________________


Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 08-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,971
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

They never played a show on that date. The only NEC dates that exist are:

05-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. I'd Die For You
3. Wild In The Streets
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Homebound Train
7. Pink Flamingos
8. Let It Rock
9. I'll Be There For You
10. Blood On Blood
11. Get Ready
12. Livin' On A Prayer
13. Ride Cowboy Ride
14. Wanted Dead Or Alive
15. Bad Medicine
16. Runaway

06-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. I'd Die For You
3. Wild In The Streets
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Homebound Train
7. Pink Flamingos
8. Let It Rock
9. I'll Be There For You
10. Blood On Blood
11. GetReady ~ Pretty Woman
12. Livin' On A Prayer
13. Never Say Goodbye
14. Runaway
15. Ride Cowboy Ride
16. Wanted Dead Or Alive
17. Bad Medicine

11-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. I'd Die For You
3. Wild In The Streets
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Homebound Train
7. Pink Flamingos
8. Let It Rock
9. Living In Sin
10. Blood On Blood
11. Get Ready ~ Pretty Woman
12. Livin' On A Prayer
13. Ride Cowboy Ride
14. Wanted Dead Or Alive
15. Bad Medicine


Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2005, 09:51 PM
groover22's Avatar
groover22 groover22 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 09 Mar 2003
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Age: 47
Gender: male
Posts: 505
Send a message via MSN to groover22
Default

I'm pretty sure they did play the NEC on that date, I was there.
Dan Reed Network Supported (RIP)

As for the setlist, sorry, I can barely remember the setlist from Hyde Park, let alone Brum in '89. Although I do rememeber the bass was loud as feck at the start of LYHOM, all you could hear was alec's bass and tico's drums for about 30 secs...awesome.

I remember the year before too, when they did the get ready/Pretty Woman medley, and that they played Homebound Train \m/ That was my first ever gig.

Ahh, the good ol' days..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2021, 09:54 AM
eddie73's Avatar
eddie73 eddie73 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 22 Jul 2007
Location: Cannock UK
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 1,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

They never played a show on that date. The only NEC dates that exist are:

05-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. I'd Die For You
3. Wild In The Streets
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Homebound Train
7. Pink Flamingos
8. Let It Rock
9. I'll Be There For You
10. Blood On Blood
11. Get Ready
12. Livin' On A Prayer
13. Ride Cowboy Ride
14. Wanted Dead Or Alive
15. Bad Medicine
16. Runaway

06-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. I'd Die For You
3. Wild In The Streets
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Homebound Train
7. Pink Flamingos
8. Let It Rock
9. I'll Be There For You
10. Blood On Blood
11. GetReady ~ Pretty Woman
12. Livin' On A Prayer
13. Never Say Goodbye
14. Runaway
15. Ride Cowboy Ride
16. Wanted Dead Or Alive
17. Bad Medicine

11-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. I'd Die For You
3. Wild In The Streets
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Homebound Train
7. Pink Flamingos
8. Let It Rock
9. Living In Sin
10. Blood On Blood
11. Get Ready ~ Pretty Woman
12. Livin' On A Prayer
13. Ride Cowboy Ride
14. Wanted Dead Or Alive
15. Bad Medicine


Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yes they did mate ( not sure if youíve been corrected already ) as well as the 1988 uk tour they came back for MK IN 89 and then further shows December Ö I actually went to Dec 27th gig with DRN supporting
__________________
when i was just a boy the devil took my hand.........


http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2021, 01:03 PM
Faceman Faceman is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 681
Default

December 27, 1989 - National Exhibiton Centre, Birmingham, England:

Setlist:
1. Lay Your Hands On Me
2. I'd Die For You
3. Wild In The Streets
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Born To Be My Baby
6. Let It Rock
7. Living In Sin
8. Blood On Blood
9. Livin' On A Prayer

Encore:
10. Love For Sale
11. Wanted Dead Or Alive
12. Bad Medicine w/ Shout
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2021, 01:59 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,119
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

They never played a show on that date. The only NEC dates that exist are:

05-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK

06-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK

11-12-1988 - NEC, Birmingham, UK
Wrong. They also played the NEC on May 11th 1993. I know as I was there and it was the first time I saw the band.


I Believe
Wild in the Streets
You Give Love a Bad Name
Born to Be My Baby
Bring It On Home to Me (Sam Cooke cover)
Bed of Roses
Keep the Faith
I'd Die for You
Fields of Fire (Acoustic)
Blaze of Glory
Dry County
Lay Your Hands on Me
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Blood on Blood
Bad Medicine
Shout

Wanted Dead or Alive
Livin' on a Prayer
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,119
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by groover22 View Post
Dan Reed Network Supported (RIP)
RIP? Am I misunderstanding. Dan Reed is still very much alive.
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2021, 02:11 PM
groover22's Avatar
groover22 groover22 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 09 Mar 2003
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Age: 47
Gender: male
Posts: 505
Send a message via MSN to groover22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
RIP? Am I misunderstanding. Dan Reed is still very much alive.

I know. My post you quoted was from 2005, I donít think (?!) the band had got back together yet at that point. Hence my RIP, for the band, not Dan!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-18-2021, 02:11 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,397
Default

So why are we correcting posts from 16 years ago now?
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-18-2021, 02:25 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,119
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by groover22 View Post
I know. My post you quoted was from 2005, I donít think (?!) the band had got back together yet at that point. Hence my RIP, for the band, not Dan!
Haha ok sorry, I hadn't realised that for some reason a discussion on such and old post had been re-enginited!
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.