View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Posting Always

Both amazing albums but both deliver something very different, making comparison difficult. NJ has its big sinaglong stadium anthems, huge syrupy ballads and some amazing solos. TD has that intospective, deep maturity that flourished after KTF and it gets pretty dark in some places.

For me, TD shows that the band could be mature and adapt their musical style whilst still producing an album that is Bon Jovi to the core. What I mean by that is that I can't imagine many other 80s bands could create an album as great as NJ then evolve their style to create a masterpiece of an album that sounds so different to it precursors yet is off similar or even better quality. There are elements of jovi there, ie the big hooks, some cliches, samboras guitarwork, tico and hughs rhythm section, but they are utilised in such a different way to other albums.

On a side note, that isnt to say no 80s band evolved their style or produced good albums in the 90s, but i think this is a definitve example of how to do it.
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.