View Single Post

Old 03-18-2021, 07:36 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default New Jon Interview - AXS

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jo...-and-recorded/

Hoo boy, where to begin.

""Let's pretend that on an average night, there's 23 or 24 songs. 15 of 'em are gonna have to be the hits, which leaves me eight songs to play with. Four are probably gonna be new songs, which is gonna make the artist happy, and then two of 'em get to be the crazy album track or cover song that you just feel like getting your jukebox on. And that's pretty much what you're relegated to — simply because if I come to your town and I don't play 'Livin' On A Prayer' or 'It's My Life' or '[You Give Love A] Bad Name' again, you're gonna be disappointed. I don't wanna disappoint you."

This sums up why this is a band I don't really have a desire to pay $100+ to see again. To put cover songs in the same category as album cuts is really strange. Not to mention they have plenty of album cuts in the show, it's just the same album cuts from tour to tour they've somehow convinced themselves are hits. Lost Highway, Whole Lot of Leavin, We got it going on, Sleep when I'm dead could all be swapped out by this point.

""So, [fans] wanna hear 'Prayer' and 'It's My Life' and 'Bad Name' and 'Wanted [Dead Or Alive]' the way they were written and recorded.""

He didn't have that problem in 2006 when most of the ballads were the TFLR-hybrids.