View Single Post

Old 03-20-2021, 10:03 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
""Let's pretend that on an average night, there's 23 or 24 songs. 15 of 'em are gonna have to be the hits, which leaves me eight songs to play with. Four are probably gonna be new songs, which is gonna make the artist happy, and then two of 'em get to be the crazy album track or cover song that you just feel like getting your jukebox on. And that's pretty much what you're relegated to — simply because if I come to your town and I don't play 'Livin' On A Prayer' or 'It's My Life' or '[You Give Love A] Bad Name' again, you're gonna be disappointed. I don't wanna disappoint you."
Jon's pretending a lot here so it fits the bullshit excuses he's made for himself. The last leg in South America had no 24-song setlists with most shows having just under 20 songs. The last time the band played 24 songs was halfway through their European leg. Longer shows were impossible with him nearly dying on stage.

But, yeah, let's say there's 24 songs. Let's say 15 of them are their biggest hits. It still doesn't make sense as he's ignoring about 5 of their biggest hits on a steady basis. Based upon what their biggest hits in the U.S.A. are here's your list:
  1. You Give Love A Bad Name
  2. Livin' On A Prayer
  3. Wanted Dead Or Alive
  4. Bad Medicine
  5. I'll Be There For You
  6. Born To Be My Baby
  7. Lay Your Hands On Me
  8. Living In Sin
  9. In These Arms
  10. Bed Of Roses
  11. Always
  12. This Ain't A Love Song
  13. It's My Life
  14. Who Says You Can't Go Home
  15. (You Want To) Make A Memory

Sure, that's 15 hits. But the 6 songs listed in red are ignored close to every show.

Of these 6 hits, 3 get replaced by smaller hits. Keep The Faith, Have A Nice Day and Runaway are pretty much well known. So now there's 3 other big hits which get ignored and are replaced by other "hits" like Lost Highway, Whole Lot Of Leavin' and We Weren't Born To Follow.

So sure, in a way you get to 15 hits. Sure, it's 15 songs of which 3 are completely irrelevant and result into your typical bathroom-break songs, but sure, 15 hits.

To get to your 24 song setlist there's now room for 9 other songs. Let's say 4 of them are new songs. Then there's 5 songs that could be wildcards. Let's say 2 are covers, there's now room for 3 other songs. And what does Jon Bon Jovi play?

Raise Your Hands
Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars
Blood On Blood
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Because We Can
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Amen

For every relatively good song in that list there's one no one cares for (anymore).

But maybe, maybe if you are really lucky, you heard either Always, I'd Die For You, I Got The Girl or These Days.

Considering how the set is now 20 songs long there's just no way you'll ever, ever hear something rare again. This setlist is set in stone. He has no desire and ability to mix things up ever again and unless you're that moron who signs up for "The Experience" and get your kicks out of another rendition of Livin' On A Prayer there's just no reason to go see another Bon Jovi show. Bon Jovi have become the epitome of a weaker Hollywood Remake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 03-21-2021 at 10:03 AM..