View Single Post

Old 02-27-2024, 12:45 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp
Default Nothing - My mixed version

Hey all!

I really love this song! It's a shame that it's almost 20 years and we can't hear it properly (and I'm really expecting this to appear in the box or in the Backstage).

So, althought there's a lot of remixs of this on youtube, I decided to try something different, which was mix the instrumental from Bo Bice version with the vocals from BJ version.

I listened to the Bo Bice "Nothing Without You", and there are some notes from it:

The instrumental is almost "the same" of BJ version (aside the cut in the final) There's some differences, mainly in the drums and bass, but the sound looks like the same from the original for me. The same for the acoustic guitar and piano. The rithym guitar, again, looks the same, with some slight differences. And the licks in the chorus and the solo are definitely from Richie. What I presume, is that Shanks took the original instrumental and did "little things" in the original mix.

Please, take in consideration that I'm not an expert, like Hand90, for example (and I used your 2024 version to extract Jon's voice, thanks @hand90). I just thought that it deserved a try it and I really liked the result, so I decided to share.

Let me know what you guys think about it:

https://we.tl/t-RIvwCeCZe1

EDIT: Link updated!

Last edited by jon-flp; 03-05-2024 at 04:06 PM..